When it comes to hand washing in the workplace, it’s a priority for every business. Especially when cold and flu season approaches.
“Keeping hands clean through improved hand hygiene is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Many diseases and conditions are spread by not washing hands with soap and clean, running water. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol to clean hands.” source
When to wash hands at the workplace:
- Each time you use the restroom
- Before and after meetings
- After handling items in the break room
- Before and after lunch
- When using shared office equipment like copiers, phones, keyboards, etc.
What is the right way to wash hands?
- Wet hands with running water (warm or cold), turn off tap, and apply soap
- Lather hands by rubbing them together with soap.
- Be sure to lather the backs of hands, between fingers, and under nails
- Scrub hands for at least 20 seconds
- Rinse hands well under clean, running water
- Dry hands using a clean towel or air dry
A clean workplace will boost performance and attitude. Here’s how Clean Right contributes to a happy and healthy workplace:
Quality Checks: We’re passionate about what we do AND value your business = we employ supervisor checks. That translates into a clean you’ll notice. Happy dance anyone?
Customer Focused: We’re super responsive to customers. Need something? Email us and we’ll get back to you right away. If something is not up to snuff, we’ll make it right.
One and Done: We’re known for routine cleaning, but offer Special Services too! We receive High-Fives (also known as 5 Star Reviews) for our Floor, Carpet and Window programs. Learn more here!