Did you know that many franchise cleaning companies sell their contracts? This might not be something you’re thinking about when interviewing a new cleaner, but it’s something to consider — especially if consistency, customer service and security is a priority.
Here’s a few things that you may experience if you hire a franchise cleaner who sells your contact out to a third party:
- You’re going to pay more (for less). Because the franchise is looking to make money off your contract, chances are you’re going to pay more. Seeking out a local provider can simply cut out the middleman and save you money.
- Who’s in charge? Who’s doing the cleaning? With a franchise you’ll most likely get a rotating staff which will impact consistency, support and can even compromise a secure facility.
To avoid the pitfalls of being a third-party contract holder, here’s a few things you can do to ensure you’re dealing with a local provider that cares about earning (and keeping!) your business:
- Ask for a list of customers that they have been servicing for 4 or more years
- Ask for customer testimonials and see how they rank online/social media
- Ask them how much of the invoice will actually be received by the franchisee/cleaners and then consider this; would you run a business for that low a rate?
- Ask who will be doing the cleaning and if there’s a supervisor in charge?
Hiring a cleaning company can be a messy matter, but you have a choice. Here’s a few reason it’s ideal to go with the small, local guys that will deliver a better experience:
- Local and family owned companies have time for you. We provide great customer service because we we want to earn and keep your business.
- We know how hard it is to earn a new customer. Our goal is to keep customers long-term because it simply costs more if we don’t. Something franchise owners with national budgets really don’t have to worry about.
- Most of the money you spend with a locally owned and operated janitorial service will stay within your city or community, and this boosts your local economy.
About Clean Right Cleaning Solutions: Clean Right is a local cleaning service specializing in office cleaning, commercial cleaning, refinishing floors, waxing floors and shampooing rugs. Our team is focused on quality results, customer service and competitive rates. Learn more about our services, request a quote today.